Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Total Lunar Eclipse

Tonight is a total lunar eclipse. We had a fully clear sky, so I figured I would try and take a few pictures. To my surprise, a couple actually came out fairly well, so I'm putting them up here on my blog.

Just an interesting fact: The next total lunar eclipse will not be until December 2010. almost 3 years in the future.

Here is one of my first shots of the eclipse - full picture, taken just after 8:30 pm (I time stamped it on purpose):




Partial eclipse shot taken at about 8:30 pm - center of the picture, and looks more like a half moon in the night. I cropped it to bring it up closer:




Total eclipse is roughly the center of the picture - looks like a red dot. One small branch of the tree is pointing upward towards the total eclipse. Again, I cropped it to make the moon seem closer.:


No comments:

Countdown to Show at Houston Rodeo